Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day 4

"Something you have to forgive someone for"

Let's be honest...I can hold a grudge if I want to. I don't know why I can hold a grudge so well, but I can and I do.

It may sound silly but I want to forgive all of my ex boyfriends/ ex dates for any wrong that they did towards me. I was broken up with in a lot of weird and hurtful ways. If I think about them now, some of them still sting a bit. Letting them go is what I want to do, but it is a process. It all happened so long ago and it really doesn't matter anymore. I don't need to be best friends with any of these ex's, but not focusing on what has happened in the past will make hearing about them much more tolerable.

Holding on to all of that anger does not serve me. Grudges are pointless and take up extra space inside that I could be using for something else. It's really funny to me that I decided to do this blog exercise because a LOT of these answers are things I am currently working on and changing because of my deepening yoga practice. Yoga is really about self reflection and self improvement and because I am so immersed in it right now, all of these things are on the forefront of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment