Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 1

"something you hate about yourself"

First of all, I dont "hate" anything about myself. Hate is too strong of a word to use against myself. There are things I don't like, but I won't say I HATE anything.

Something I dislike about myself is my lack of motivation that sometimes overtakes may desire to do things. I want to do all sorts of things...go hiking more often, go swimming, take more dance classes, do laundry, cook more, try being vegan, volunteer more often, ride my bike etc. I just let my laziness get in the way of all of that. I get stuck in my routine of doing what I need to do and then making excuses as to why I am not going the extra mile or put it off until tomorrow.

Don't get me wrong, I do what is expected of my in regards to work and the like. All of my jobs get 100% and I don't put anything off until the next day. Like I said, I do what I need to do.

I think procrastination falls under this dislike as well. I totally put things off all the time. Even really dumb things like laundry or grocery shopping. I don't know where it comes from and I have been making extra effort recently to change this. My yoga practice has really helped me and I should probably tap into this more often to do what I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment