Monday, April 12, 2010

Best Friends Animal Sanctuary

I just spent 3 days in Kanab, UT volunteering at the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. This shelter is a 3000 acre no kill sanctuary. The animals all have lots of room and have lots of staff to take care of them. Best Friends takes a lot of animals with histories of abuse, animals with medical problems, animals from hoarding situations and any animal that is in need. They are constantly going around the country rescuing animals from bad situations and do such great work. (They rescued the majority of the Michael Vick dogs) It was the most amazing 3 days of my life and I cannot wait to go back!

I will share my own personal photos and stories throughout the week, but I really wanted to share some of the dogs I met!
This is Bronnie...


She is a Shepard mix and is absolutely adorable! She loves to give kisses and play or just sit on a bed and be calm. She is really a GREAT dog! We were able to take her for a sleepover at our motel. She slept with my sister for the entire night and appears to be house trained.

This is Buster Blue...

Buster Blue

He is a Blue Tick Hound and is just amazing. He lost his front right leg after being hit by a car, but he does great without it! He is such a friendly and loving dog and would do SO well in someone's home. We also had him at our motel for a sleepover and he slept in my bed for the night. I would have taken him home if I had the space for more animals!

More animals and photos to come!

2 comments:

  1. Best Friends is a great place. I spent some time there a few years ago when my friends worked there. Love that you went!

    ReplyDelete